A fire accident in Georgia burnt 80 flats in an apartment complex. Most of the people residing in these apartments are students from India. Among them, there are few Telugu students who are studying in the Georgia State University.
Fire crew fought for almost 18 hours to put down the fire and 200 members lost their place. Unfortunately, several of them mentioned that their apartment is not insured to cover this loss. Several of the Indian students lost their passports, certificates, books and all of their belongings in this accident.
The fire is said to have started through a HVAC system and it spread rapidly throughout. Students are emotionally and financially stressed due to this accident. They are on a foreign land and are trying to build their career while they lost all their belongings and stuff. Few Indian students started a Gofundme page to support their peers. If anyone is interested in donating, please check this link – https://www.gofundme.com/f/gsu-indian-students-fire-recovery-fund