The government has released the revised guidelines detailing the modus operandi in the view of extended lockdown period as announced by PM Modi on April 14.The lockdown which will now resume till May 3rd will have much stricter norms in the first week and after April 20 the stringent rules will be eased in non-containment zones.
The ministry of health affairs (MHA) has ordered all state governments and union territories to implement the standard operating procedure(SOP) of social distancing in offices, factories, establishments and workplaces while exempting them from the guidelines of a strict lockdown.
Services to remain suspended as per new guidelines comprise:
• Denial of permission to persons crossing the border except for medical services
• No permission for funerals and other activities that includes more than 20 persons
• Cinema halls, shopping malls, gyms, sports complexes, swimming pools and bars to remain closed till May 3rd.
• Refusal to move labours from other areas
• Fines levied for spitting in public places
• Closure of educational institutions and training centers
• Prohibition of religious prayers and programs
• Collector’s permission is mandatory for weddings and other auspicious occasions
According to new guidelines, services which will be permitted after April 20 include :
• Allowance for MGNREGA related work.
• Industries related to the production of essential goods, industries in rural areas will operate
• Movement of cargos and essential items across the country permitted
• Approval for public utilities such as oil and gas sector
• Health testing centers, drug stores, pharmaceutical industries, research centers remain operational
• Operations dealing with dairy businesses, dairy products, poultry industry, tea, coffee and rubber cultivation continue
• Movement of cargos by airways and railways allowed
• Approval for employment guarantee works
• Permission to market Aqua products
• Approval for the operation of State-owned agricultural markets
• Permission to run agricultural equipments and spare parts stores
• Fertilizer, including seed production, is allowed for pesticide stores
• Financial sector including RBI, bank branches and ATMs, SEBI will be functional
• Permission to maintain orphanages, divisions and old age homes
• Approval for roadside dhabas and vehicle repair shops
• Permission for warehouses and cold storage warehouses
• E-commerce companies and vehicles allowed
• Approval for services of electricians, IT repairs, motor mechanics and carpenters
• Sanction for construction of roads, irrigation and industrial projects in rural areas