The expected has happened as the Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi announces that the Lockdown is extended till May 3rd in the country. Modi said that under the present circumstances, the extension of lockdown is an inevitable one. He requested the citizens to stay patient and cooperate with the government in this crisis period.
Modi, in turn, said that the upcoming week is going to be a very tough one for the country. Modi said that there will be more stringent rules up to April 20th and there will be conditional easing from April 1st to May 3rd.
Modi indicated that even after May 3rd, there might some restrictions imposed in particular areas. During this extension period, Modi hoped that there won’t be any new hotspots in the country.
PM even assured that there won’t be any suffering for food and essential goods and the government will fully cooperate with the people in providing the food for the poor.
The total number of confirmed corona cases in India has already reached 10,453, and fatalities 358. Maharashtra has recorded the highest number of cases, while Madhya Pradesh has the highest death rate among all Indian states. Kerala shows a phenomenal survival rate and the pandemic is well under control in that state.
There are concerns that India’s economy, which was already growing at its slowest pace in six years, will take a severe hit amid the lockdown. The unemployment rising to record levels amid lockdown is also a worrying scenario and let’s see what is in the store for the subcontinent in the upcoming days.
Highlights of 7 point appeal by PM include:
1. Every individual should take care of their family members with existing ailments in order to protect from risk of the infection
2. Use house hold developed face cover/masks
3. Use Aysuh mantralaya’s suggestions to boost immunity
4. Download the Arogya setu app and inspire others to download to monitor Corona
5. Extent support to needy families and aim to reduce hardships of the destitute
6. Ensure that any coworkers or employees around you to not be expelled from the job
7. Respect the doctors, nurses, policemen etc with utmost sincerity