The chemical that was emerged from the Visakha LG polymers is concluded as styrene and it is a poisonous gas that evolves in the making of plastics and cushions.
It is highly flammable and releases a poisonous gas when burnt. If a person inhales styrene, it can have an adverse impact on the nervous system, changes in colur vision, tiredness, feeling drunk, slowed reaction time, concentration problems, and balance problems.
It has been listed as one of the top-10 poisonous gases by Europeans and the usage of this gas in industries is permitted 10kms away from the livelihood. Inhaling the large amounts of this gas affects the Central nervous system directly and all the muscles stop functioning gradually and as a result, people experience difficulty in breathing.
Just 10minutes exposure to this styrene kills a normal human. In 5 minutes this gas produces serious and fatal changes in the human body such as itching all over the skin, rashes, blistering of eyes, brain dead and finally the person gets fainted and dies without immediate medical assistance.
One can get away from these all effects if he was provided oxygen immediately and there is an anti-dote available in the market to combat its effect. The efficiency of oxygen and antidote depends on the time period between the exposure and treatment.