The most peaceful Vizag coastal region is surrounded by panic and terror due to the gas leakage from the LG polymers industry that resulted in the loss of 6 lives as per reports. Most of the people got fainted and 2 other people lost their lives accidentally when they were escaping nowhere out of fear.
So, we are providing you with some precautions to take when there is possible exposure to these kinds of poisonous gases.
- Take off your clothes immediately and wash your body rigorously atleast for 15 minutes with soap.
- Wash your eyes with water or Saline if possible.
- Expose yourself to the places with fresh air and take the support of oxygen if you can.
- Poisonous gases like Styrene will show the effect on our body after 7-8 hours and drinking plenty of water can eliminate its traces through urine
- Avoid touching your eyes in any case and don’t scratch your body.
- If you feel any vomiting sensation or experiencing diarrhea soon after the inhalation, prevent taking oily foods and foods with fat.
- If there is difficulty in breathing, just visit a hospital that has supply of oxygen through cylinders.