As part of Vande Bharat evacuation mission, many Indians have been picked up from the foreign country and of late many stranded Indian people landed in Mumbai airport.
Since many are packed in airbuses, they will first arrive in Chennai, Hyderabad and Bengaluru as per the close proximity to their native area in the state and from there they will be transported to their final destinations, the official said.
Closely 20,000 Andhra Pradesh natives residing and working in various countries such as USA, UK, Singapore and the Gulf will continue arriving from May 11th and the arrangements for their 14-day quarantine are all set at Visakha International Airport. In this regard, AP government has set some conditions for these Indians that includes:
• Travellers must install Arogya setu app and switch on blue tooth as soon as they arrive
• Each district has a command control. Travellers from any district must go to the District Command Control. The government provides free travel facility for the same.
• Corona virus sample tests are performed in command control. If anyone is tested positive for covid-19 they will be transported to an ambulance near the covid center and if found negative they would have to go to normal quarantine centers as a preliminary measure.
• There are two types of quarantine centers in AP. One is Free Quarantine, the other is Paid Quarantine.
• Free Quarantine is a government aided one. Paid is a quarantine involving paying rent in hotels. Command Control will intimate, which hotels are to be paid for quarantine.
• Quarantine centers are supposed to be 2 weeks. Then the people are instructed to go home and self isolate for another 2 weeks.