Back in May, there was a chemical gas leak at Achyutapuram SEZ in the Anakapalli district, which caused a lot of its employees to fall ill. Now, another gas leak has taken place, causing 150 women employees to fall ill. These women employees got severely ill, with a lot of them reporting nausea and even vomiting because of the leak.
Some were given first aid on the factory premises, while others were transported in factory buses, cars, and ambulances to government and private hospitals in Achyutapuram and Anakapalli. Around 4,000 workers were reportedly working in the factory in the B shift, of which more than 150 of them fell ill.
When there was a gas leak in May, the factory was shut down for nearly a week and the government machinery conducted an inquiry. It is to be noted that these reports have not been made public. It is now to be seen how the government will now react to this leak.